Pages

Friday, 23 March 2012

Paint Party Friday Check In ...My First Commission...

Hello,

A while ago I made a mixed media bird collage which you can see here and a colleague at work saw it on my blog and commissioned me to make one for her wall....

Her remit......to use the pinks and greens used by the designer Cath Kidston..............

I trawled through my paper stash and found just the thing... delicious designs from K & Company's Urban Rhapsody and Que Sera Sera 12 x 12 paper collections...

This is a 12" x 10" canvas....


The Process...
Applying each layer with Mod Podge Matte...


....cutting out lots of collage elements...




...adding layers of acrylic paint through various stencils, a touch of  french lace and subtle Caran d'Ache water-soluble wax crayons....


...then fun with stamping, doodles and bling!


My colleague loved it so much she's asked me to create her another.........

Linking this to Paint Party Friday


Thanks to Eva and Kristin for hosting our usual Friday get together.
So many talented artists to visit......

I am off on the train to London today to stay with my youngest son for a long weeeknd where there will probably be lots of visits to tea shops, pubs, eateries and markets!

Enjoy your weekend - whatever you get up to and a big thank you for taking the time to visit this corner of blogland and for your kind comments.  Always a pleasure to welcome you.

Lesley x

29 comments:

Helen said...

Well done on receiving - and meeting so beautifully - your commission! Have a lovely weekend in London with your son - I am off to Kew again tomorrow as the forecast is so good.

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

You captured the colours of Cath Kidston perfectly and I think this has worked beautifully... lucky person who commissioned this , I am sure they will treasure it... have fun in London and the tea shops...xx

Becky said...

Oh I loveee this.Im a bird crazy person.I aodre anything with birds this is just so sweet.Thanks for sharing!

kat said...

Lesley this is such an inspiring and beautiful work!

Netty said...

congratulations; your colleague is going to love this collaged canvas. Happy PPF and enjoy the weekend, Annette x

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Divine and beautiful creation ~ magical too ~ she will love it ~thanks, wishing you a great weekend ~ namaste, carol ^_^

laurie said...

congratulations and such beautiful work.Have a wonderful weekend with your son,

lisa said...

I'm not surprised you've been commissioned, Lesley, your work is gorgeous. You met the brief beautifully with the papers.
Have a great weekend with your family. See Mother's day is just coming a week later for you.
Enjoy!!
Hugs Lisax

sharon said...

It's beautiful Lesley! I love how you showed the whole process....I am sure there will be more orders to come for you!
Have a great weekend!

Lisa Richards said...

Very intriguing for one who has never tried collage! Beautiful results! Have a great time with your wonderful son! (I don't know your son, but I have two wonderful sons, and I imagine they all must be! LOL!)
:)

Debbie said...

Beautiful collage work! I love the colors. Its so nice to see the steps, too. Congratulations on your commission!

Juls said...

this is just stunning!!! Loved getting to see the way you build up a page! Hugs juls

RainCityGirl said...

Beautiful work. I love seeing the process of your layering. Happy PPF!

miz katie said...

Pretty pink! Lovely.

Carolyn Dube said...

Thank you for showing the steps are you created this magnificent piece of art! So beautiful!

carlarey said...

Well all right for you Commission Lady! Way to go. Hope you have a lovely visit with your son, sounds like you taught him how to entertain properly.

Linda R said...

I just love popping in here and seeing your creations. This looks wonderful. I just love it.. So many yummy layers.

Hugs, Linda

Anne said...

Love, love, love this pretty mixed media, really sweet!

Chris said...

I think your colleague is going to be very happy indeed with her commisioned piece because it certainly is stunning :)
hugs
Chris x

Chris said...

I think your colleague is going to be very happy indeed with her commisioned piece because it certainly is stunning :)
hugs
Chris x

Geckostone said...

Lesley this is gorgeous! Congrats on the commission! Deb

Faye said...

I'm so happy for you that your first commissioned work is such a success that you have another one lined up. This is so beautiful. I love how you did each layer. I am so impressed that you thought to photograph each step. It was a learning experience to view your post, as well as a happy visit to see your works.

Kristin Dudish said...

Hooray! Congratulations on your commission - it turned out beautifully :)

xo
Kristin

p.s. I love seeing the progression!

Sandra Hall said...

Oh Lesley, what an honour - to be commissioned for a piece of your very own art! I'm thrilled for you :D And it is indeed very lovely! x

*jean* said...

congratulations on your commission! what a happy collage! hope you have a great week!

Joy said...

You're certainly living up to your name, this looks good enough to eat! Delish! Your colours and bird are stunning. xx

cbee said...

This is so beautiful!! ... I have looked around at your blog and discovered your wonderful art journal pages - I simply can't see enough of them, they are so great.
hugs,
Caro

Daniele Valois said...

Lovely lovely. I used to collage like this, and kinda miss it. You've inspired me to make some pieces like this again. So darling! Love the quote!

Flo said...

This mixed media collage is really fabulous!!
Flo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin