Pages

Saturday, 12 October 2013

Autumn Garden...

Hello,

Now that Autumn has arrived it's that time of year, again, for cutting back, tidying and planting spring bulbs...

A few photos...


...Dad made me my insect hotel which sits on top of the garden wall...


...Ivy creeps along the wall too...


...I decided to plant spring bulbs in pots this year...



...my Dad grew this lovely bay tree for me...


...new growth for next spring even now....


...my favourite pelargonium....


...all planted up...


...my acer hasn't been too happy this year....it's very sparse...


...view over the garden wall...


...mossy pots...





 

...all ready for winter...just the hazel trees at the bottom of the garden to cut back...that's Ed's job!!


Enjoy your gardening!!!
Thank you for visiting.
Lesley x

4 comments:

Helen said...

wow, you have some gorgeous colour in your garden, love the red leaves along the wall, and your perlagonium is beautiful! Went to Kew this week (and London) where it was still very green.

Lui said...

I sense happiness and contentment among these images! Thank you for sharing them!

Sally H said...

Wonderful Photos Lesley! Your garden look amazing! You have been busy! Hoping we have some dry days at half term so I can get out in ours!

lisa said...

What beautiful photos of your garden, Lesley. The Autumn colours are beautiful. I still have roses in full flower which is amazing, the weather has been so mild. It'll be a while yet before I start shutting it up for Winter I think, although with the rain it has to be admired though the window!! Your Acer will probably pick up next year, it's been so dry for them. Mine dropped it leaves very early so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll be OK next year.
I hope you got your seeds OK
Hugs Lisax

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin