Pages

Monday, 30 December 2013

Make some bookmarks....

Hello,

Each Christmas I like to give something handmade to friends and family.  In recent years I've concentrated on foodie treats but this year bookmarks were my little hand made gifts...



I had a roll on canvas in the cupboard...and cut 2 pieces 12"x12"...


I had spray inks...so sprayed one side of the canvas squares...



Then cut the sprayed canvas into strips...different widths from about 1 1/2" to 3"...


...cut each strip into 2 and put halves together wrong sides facing...


...cut out various shapes from old french book paper and fabric swatches...


arranging them in pleasing patterns and pictures onto the front piece of each bookmark, first sticking them before stitching them in place ...




then matching fronts to backs inserted some ribbon at the top of each bookmark before stitching the front to the back all around the perimeter...





Fun and easy to make the possibilities are endless...

Thank you Andrea Gomoll for the inspiration to make these. You can watch Andrea's great utube tutorial here .

Thank you for visiting...
Lesley x









5 comments:

Burnice said...

They are cool, Lesley. Great idea.

Helen said...

Love your bookmarks!! Hope you enjoyed your Christmas, and wishing you a Happy New Year.

Lynn Hardy said...

What a lovely idea for handmade gifts! Wishing you and Ed a very Happy New Year!

Lui said...

What a great idea, Lesley! I will ask my students to make their own ;-)

lisa said...

Hi Lesley
You've reminded me I have a roll of that canvas unused. Love these bookmarks, they are great. I will have to dig mine out and have a play!!
Hugs Lisax

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin