Pages

Monday, 6 January 2014

Just add glitter ...

Hello,

The challenge this month over at Lavinia Stamps Challenge Blog is to Just Add Glitter so here is my entry...

I just love using the Gelli Plate so created the background by brayering Adirondack inks Butterscotch, Citrus and Cranberry onto the plate, then using Versafine Ink pads stamped a selection of Lavinia Stamps on top of the 1st layer of ink, adding a moon mask before taking a print onto smooth white card.

The effect of using inks on the Gelli Plate is just gorgeous and the vibrancy of the colours always surprises me and I never know how the image is going to turn out but as yet have never been disappointed.

Once the image had been trimmed I added a top layer of stamped images in versafine black onyx before edging the whole thing with Stream, Watermelon and Eggplant Adirondacks.

Finally dotting liquid pearls here and there to highlight the scene before sprinkling ultra fine glitter over the liquid pearls to Just Add Glitter...then matting and layering onto an 8" smooth white card.
















Thank you for visiting.
Lesley x

12 comments:

craftimamma said...

This is absolutely stunning! The colours are beautiful. I've had my Geli Plate for at least 6 months and it's not seen ink or paint yet ........ how terrible is that!!!

Hugs
Lesley XX

Liz said...

Beautiful! This Lavinia fairy stamp is one of my favourites and your background is stunning! It's like the fairy is stood right inside a rainbow. xx

Melissa Latchem said...

Wow Wow such pretty colours and composition - beautiful card! Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Lazy Sunday said...

So pretty, good luck in the challenge x

Lynn Hardy said...

Really gorgeous Lesley! I think I need to get myself a Gelli plate soon!

Sally H said...

Stunningly gorgeous, Lesley! What gorgeous colours! I have only used paint on my gelli plate so far - must have a go with inks!

Helen said...

oh wow, Lesley this is beautiful!! so glad you're able to craft at the moment, long may it last!

Karen said...

Beautiful card Lesley. Good luck in the Challenge. Kx (DT member)

lisa said...

This is beautiful, Lesley. I love those colours you've created. Santa brought me a gelli plate but haven't had time to have a play yet. Can't wait to get going with it!!
Hugs Lisax

Di said...

This is really beautiful Lesley. I love the background - what a wonderful colour combination. I think I must get my Gelli Plate out. I have had it so long and never used it - you've inspired me to have a go!! Di xx

Ann said...

wow
Ann xxx

Julie said...

Oh Lesley this is gorgeous, I'm yet to invest in a gelli plate, seeing beautiful creations like yours makes me think I really need to give it a go, I love your card! Thank you for sharing it with the Lavinia challenge this time, Julie.x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin